Monday, October 9, 2006

This month's PMS curriculum buy

Yes, it was that time of month again. The time where all things school related are "reevaluated" with a tainted lens and a hormonal angle so that suddenly, all you've been doing up till then needs another major overhaul (or at least another addition to the mix).

This time it was music. We're using My Father's World, Exploring Countries and Cultures this year for our geography, history, art and music. Music consists of listening to selected songs from the Wee Sing Around the World CD which correspond with the area/culture we're currently studying. Fun idea - we like it. But suddenly (on one of them pesky homeschool boards...ahem), someone had to ask about organizing a good classical music curriculum - you know, learning about the composer, the time period, his bio, his music yada yada yada. And of course, my "I'm the WORST homeschooler in the WORLD not to be doing this too!" paranoia was once again awakened (it had been asleep for about 73 minutes) and well, here's the resulting fall out.



Of course, while ordering this nice little curriculum online, I also had to throw in one on Godly Composers too and something called Color the Classics.



I feel better now (which I'll enjoy until it arrives at my doorstep and I have to actually IMPLEMENT it.....stay tuned for part 2, "Last month's PMS curriculum buy and how it impacted this month's PMS afflicted mother's ability to carry out simple instructions").



Actually, I really was wanting to find a good music curriculum this year and hadn't gotten to it as of yet.



Really.



BTW, I'd have made this fine photo a link so you could read more about it and then decide that in order to be a good mom you too NEED this product, but alas, I cannot figure out blogscript so you will have to content yourself with resorting to googling and then goading your husband to buy it for you, as you, like myself, cannot live properly without it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails