Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Lessons in junk and swine food

My 5yo loves her newly acquired skill of reading. She's forever trying to read packages, signs, labels, books - anything with letters. When I sit down with her during her phonics lessons, she always seems to make me smile or laugh with the comments she makes.

These were from today. :)

When turning to read a story in her reader, she laughs increduously and snorts, "They have balls in their mouths!"

It was bubble gum.

When reading a sentence she had to choose one of two words to complete ("Mary drank some punch/bunch"), 5yo dd chooses "bunch". I ask her if she knows what "punch" is. She replies, "When someone hits something". I explain it's also a sugary kind of juice. She laughs, "How funny that they put that! How am I supposed to know that?" Uh, well...hehe.

Finally, at the end of her lesson, she takes a peek at what she's going to be reading for tomorrow, a story titled, "The Hog Gets a Nub". She quips, "I don't quite understand that!"

I think I need to start a new category for posts like this (once I get more links in my sidebar). Maybe I should call it, "You Know Your Kids are Homeschooled When..."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails