Tuesday, September 6, 2005

Milk in reverse

My 4mo son is a huge joy to us. And “huge” is not an understatement, lol! Those who know the story would concur, but for those who don’t, all that really needs to be said is that he weighed 11lbs. 13oz. at birth, and no, not by c section. *Pauses for collective shock to wear off, yet realizes by personal experience that it won’t*.

But I’m tangenting already….



Let me just preface this by saying that I am so very grateful for the fact that he is healthy and thriving. This whine is really small potatoes. All said, humor me and play along.



My son is a SPITTER. I mean major spitter. Every time he’s put on his tummy, carried, is held in a sit up position (hey, any position really), it’s heave ho here we go…..AGAIN. SEVERAL times a day I am wiping up spit up from my shoulder, my feet, the floor, the carpet, him, my husband – AAAAAAHHHHHH! Is there some sort of Spitters Support Group I can join? I mean really. This is so out of control. I think I have at least 25 thick burp cloths and if I skip a day of laundry, I’m plum out. No kidding. I am tired of wearing t-shirts that get tossed into the laundry basket 20 minutes after I put them on. I’m tired of not being able to hold him without expecting a minor volcanic eruption from his cute little face at any moment. I’m tired of soppy, slimy, smelly spit up, period. BLECH.



So there it is. Sometimes I marvel at how he can be such a chunk with the amount of milk he gives back. 20 lbs and growing. I’ve heard that 4 months is usually when it peaks out.



I hope so, because if it gets ANY worse than it currently is, I’m going to resort to wearing trash bags instead of shirts.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails