Wednesday, November 30, 2005

My baby is becoming mobile!

My almost 7 month old chubby son has recently discovered rolling. Gone are the days I can plop him on his blanket and expect him to stay there. Today when I put him down, no less than 5 minutes later he had rolled across the room and was heading into the family room. Technically it wouldn't be a problem, except the family room has laminated flooring, and if you've seen this lug of a boy roll, you'd know his head is the first part of his body to make contact with the floor when trying to move from his tummy to his back. And speaking of his fuzzy head, he is also the first of our 3 children to attempt to scoot ON his head. He arches his back up off the floor so that just his feet and head are touching the ground, strains his neck to look directly in front of him and pushes off with his feet. Sometimes he ends up rolling over from the acceleration, sometimes he succeeds in inching forward. In addition to his newfound travelling abilities, he has also discovered his voice and how to use it to jar one in a very unfavorable way, as well as to help all within shooting range to remember that eardrums are not immune to pain.



So all that to say, I need to develop a better relationship with my insane, impossible, and overpriced vaccum cleaner I bought off of ebay. And invest in some nice earplugs.



Actually, I love that my son is growing and moving! What a blessing he is to his mommy, daddy and sisters.



Isn't being a Mommy the best job in the world?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails