Today was the day. The grandparents kindly took my girls for the day so I could devote the time to potty training my 30 month old son. Like his older sister, I used Potty Training in Less than a Day (PTILTAD). She was only 24 months and learned in 4 short hours.
So far, I think it's going to be more than a day here....
I have asked my son 50 million times..."Are your pants dry?" (the book says every 5 minutes ad exhaustion).....
Every one of those 50 million times he has not replied the right way. The drill - he is to check the area and say "Yes" if he's dry.
I've gotten "Dry"...."No" (but yes)..."Pants"....."Treat?" but not the drill.
It's been fun for him though.....but I'm ready to give up.
If you've never used the PTILTAD method, the best description I have of it is, "super insane, way too detailed and very monotonous training method which was obviously written by a first born FOR first borns". The kids have loved it - lots of praising and treats involved but oh my stars. It's exhausting.
I'll update later....I know this is such a nail biter. Hee. Ha. Ho.
No comments:
Post a Comment