Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Learning to crochet

Last night at our monthly Keepers at Home meeting, the girls (and I) learned to crochet.

I think we've all found a new hobby! And speaking for my very uncreative self, I LOVED it!

See, I'm a knitting dropout. I tried. I did. I gave it a valiant shot. I kept going back to my dishcloth once every six months and continuing where I messed up left off at. But it never seemed to get further than halfway done, and I was bored to tears after finishing just one row. I'd look at it. It didn't seem any different than before I stitched that new row. Except for maybe another new funky hole or double loop dip whoops-e-daisy "look". And my hands. Woe was me - my hands! They hurt. I couldn't figure out how to knit like a normal person. My fingers automatically go into these contortionist type positions and no amount of forcing them to relax and just chill man, would help. They wouldn't listen to me. I was beginning to resign myself to my non artistic fate.

But then, Mrs. R. gave me hope. She taught our KAH group how to crochet a chain. And I had hope that perhaps I had a future in crochetting. And that I wouldn't end up in Crochet Drop Out School. That maybe, just maybe, I could be a B- crochetter someday!

It's at that exact moment that I knew - maybe, just maybe, I could be ~ artistic!!!!

*cue music*

But...I digress. I must.

Because, this is really about my lovely daughters and the new skill they are learning! What a blessing this KAH group has been to them.

Here's our pastor's sweet daughter, helping my oldest (on the right) to chain.





And below is the granddaughter of the wonderful lady who taught us to crochet. I love this first picture especially. I need to frame it. A. just jumped right in to help my little Emma! In fact, A. is the granddaugther of Mrs. R, who taught A to crochet when she was only 6 - the same age Emma is now.




I think we have many days ahead of sweet times together sitting around crochetting doilies, tissue box covers, dishcloths, blankets, sweaters, hats, mittens, baby socks, hair scrunchies and rain slickers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails