Saturday, March 15, 2008

So what are we up to?

It's been a while since I rambled away about nothing important here blogged. Well, OK, yeah, I posted the other day but it really didn't count. I did the lazy blogger linky thing. I repent.

Nah. I kid.

So what have we been up to lately?

Well, yesterday while grandma sweetly cared for the kiddos, hubby and I got to make a trip by ourselves to IKEA! Otherwise known as, The Gargantuan Furniture Warehouse Wherein One Will Obtain Blisters on One's Feet, Drool Enough to Get Dehydrated Before Reaching the Kitchen Gadget Area, Lose 3 Pounds But Gain it Right Back When Eating the Delicious Meatballs and Gravy, and Leave With Considerably Less Capitol in One's Bank Account than When One Arrived With Store. Which I LOVE!

So what did we do there?

We picked out granite for our kitchen counters!!! After standing in front of the sample wall for 2 hours going back and forth about whether we wanted a gray/black/white look in the kitchen or a brown/neutral/white one. Which probably was a step we needed to conquer before actually going to IKEA. But nonetheless, we finally went with brown/neutral/white and called it good.

I'm sure that was the easy part, right Amy Kate?

Don't answer.

Then we had our "real" date - dinner at On The Border and a stroll through Borders Bookstore. Hey, I just realized we had a themed day. I was borderlining on a breakdown trying to make The Countertop Decision at IKEA, so hey, how fun is that?

So exciting.

So today, we had pancakes for breakfast (this is how it is to read my thoughts - they're totally unconnected from one another and yet in my world, it all makes sense. Scary huh?). My fabulous hubby made them. Thanks sweetie! Of course, everyone finished up before Jeff even had a chance to eat his. And just as his were about done, Ian was chomping on his vitamin C at the table and choked! It was a scary few seconds - for Ian and us! He ended up vomiting. :( And as I comforted him, Jeff kindly cleaned up the mess and found the tablet - still in one round piece.

Thank you, LORD for protecting my sweet boy!

Once that rather unwelcome event was over, Jeff sat down to eat his pancakes...cold and alone. Well, OK I sat and had one two with him.

An hour later, he dislodged Emma's loose front tooth. Which I cannot do because I would faint. He was incredibly patient and gentle (and conscious which I would not have been) with her and finally got it out. She did super duper and now has two gaps in the top front where teeth used to be! What fun it is to be 6! :)

Now, as I sit here and ramble away...Jeff is doing yard work with the kiddos! Sweating and moving rocks and tearing up plywood borders (ahh…see…connections)….

What a great man I married! I’m so blessed!

Well, that’s a wrap. To sum up, my hubby is great, the kiddos are all well, God is good, and we’re getting a new kitchen soon. WAHOO!

Oh, and because I promised Lori, I’ll post pics of my toothless Emma soon! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails