Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Favorite Things Tuesday!

I'm starting a new "focus" for my Tuesday entries, because clearly, my blog has been missing a Tuesday focus. Missing a Tuesday focus is as bad as missing a Friday focus, but not as bad as missing a Monday focus (because WHO is focused on Mondays, really?). And of course, not having a Tuesday focus isn't nearly as bad as being devoid of all focus, like typically I am.

OK so I got the idea from another blog I stumbled across yesterday. She had a My Favorite Things Thursday deal going on. So as you can readily surmise, it inspired me to creatively think of a whole new idea which would beeeee.........

My Favorite Things Tuesday!!

So clever of me.

Now. A few ground rules. These are THINGS...not people. Not God. Not animals or rodents of unusual size (shudders). So clearly, my favoritest favorite things (er, not things?) I am purposely leaving out here. Just getting that straight.

The other rule is that it is possible that I might make rare liberal use of words such as love, amazing, awesome, marriage, drooling, and salivating when writing about My Favorite Things. I know that some like to organize and be more selective with their adjective usage. I am very unorganized and uselective, adjectively speaking. That is my defense and I am hiding behind it, thank you. I think.

Have you ever noticed I like to go on and on and on about not much in particular? (Mom, don't answer that please).

So on with today's Favorite Thing...

Which is...

Vintage Pyrex and Corning Ware

Oh how I looooooooooooooooooooove vintage Pyrex and Corning Ware!

I fell in love with them a little over a year ago when I was having fun scrounging around at garage sales one Saturday morning. I came across the most adorable green bowl on a table of odds and ends. It reminded me of my childhood and I had to have it. Right away. I purchased it and drove home feeling like I'd just been given an invaluable treasure. Besides it being a link to my past, I just think this stuff is so much fun! It's retro, kitschy and oddly enchanting. I love love using them!

I only have a few pieces so far...really....so very sad I know...

My very favorite is the artichoke/bell pepper/onion one (Corning Ware). It's called Spice O' Life and it was sold in the 1970's. I have to have more! My life will be incomplete until then.

OK, I am salivating now. And drooling.

I just found a website devoted to vintage Pyrex and I think I am going to spend way too much time there.

Pyrex Love

Thus ends my Favorite Thing this Tuesday. I'll be back next Tuesday (if I remember) to post about another favorite thing! Mark your calendars! It'll be awesome!

(Sorry).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should add a My favorite things Tuesday and I can copy you.
My aunt gives the 4 set of Pyrex mixing bowls for wedding gifts. She asked if I wanted that since we were moving overseas and I said, "yes". I love my set and have gotten 2 more pieces just because. I use them for serving bowls, mixing bowls, display bowls. I love them. I don't have much vintage corning but I will have to be on the lookout.

Anonymous said...

You make me smile, lol. A few months ago my MIL had some bowls like you first pic in a toss pile. I quickly recued then! My mom use to have your favs. I wonder if she still does....

Dell said...

Your style is such fun to read! I love the Favorite Things Tuesday idea. I might adopt it, if I remember, lol.

What a fun retro collection you are starting. I tend to like to collect practical items as well. Tea cups, books, children, books....

Kelly said...

Those pics make me think of my Grandma...I especially love the green bowl in the second picture. My brother used to use my Grandma's bowl like that as his cereal bowl every morning.

Magistra Meg said...

I love old Corning Ware. I have a set that my mom gave me for my hope chest when I was young. It's a floral design with colors similar to your artichoke design. Fun stuff! :-)

Melissa said...

This post surprised me. Pyrex. Really? You?? What is this world coming to?

Carla said...

I think those bowls are so pretty! I'll have to keep my eyes open at yard sales this summer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails