Pink is my favorite color!
I've never really had a favorite color. I've had colors I wear frequently (black) because of what it hides (me) so it may have appeared (deceivingly) that black was my favorite color. But it's not. It's my favorite hiding color. Maybe I'll post on that another time.
I am kind of pinkifying my surroundings lately. I am trying to use it where I can because it makes me feel frilly, girly and pretty, even when I'm none of those things. So maybe pink is also my favorite hiding color. Hmmm...very intellesting.
Lately, I bought a very fun pink purse and cute pink hoodie. I also bought pink, dangly earings which are so NOT me that I HAD to buy them. I'm changing my whole buying focus to things that aren't really "me". I figure that's a good thing! "Me" consists of all things frumpy and lumpy. Since I don't like frumpy and lumpy, I'm making efforts to go with chic and svelte. I think it's what one would consider a "long term, unattainable goal". That's what I'm shooting for!
These inspire me in what I might be able to do with pink in my life --




None of the above photos were taken by moi, nor are they pics of anything I currently own. Which is sad, isn't it? This is why I neeeed more pink in my life.
I am sure hubby will agree.
In fact, I plan to ask him if he'd build me pink bookshelves, buy me a pink fridge, and allow me to outfit our living space however I see fit.
I am sure that my patience in waiting for pigs to fly will eventually pay off, don't you?
3 comments:
The pink fridge is cute.
ooh. ooh! I went through a pink phase too! It was a big deal for me because as a girl I did NOT like pink. So, when I had my first baby girl something clicked and I LOVED it!! I started buying all shades of pink clothes. I still have lots of pink :) but I've found a balance again :)
thanks for visiting my blog, I'm looking forward to reading some more of your posts :)
amy in peru
thanks for your blog, Dawn. You always make me laugh...enjoy your pink stage. lol
Post a Comment