I'm reading: I just finished (YES, FINISHED!! Cover to cover!! YAY!) a book called Free Range Kids by Lenore Skenazy. I can't even remember how I stumbled across it, but it looked like the complete opposite of my parenting (sadly) so I decided to get a copy from the library. I wasn't sure if I'd end up laughing at ridiculously dangerous parenting advice or if it just might help my many neuroses and maybe be a catalyst to some good changes. I am happy to say that it was definately the latter! This was an amazingly good book! I think maybe even a bit life changing (at least I'm hoping), and I plan to blog more about it as soon as I finish with the reviews I need to write.
I'm listening to: My son playing with his cars (a very common sound).
We're learning: To enjoy the summer! We start a bit of summer school next week, but for now, the kids are just doing their summer reading.
I'm watching: Nothing, but I'm contemplating Wimbledon and letting the girls watch some with me.
I'm cooking: I have no plans to cook. Smoothies all week long! ;)
I'm buying: 4th of July decor and foodstuffs. We love the 4th!
I'm thankful for: Those who serve our country and their families. Thank you.
What I'm creating: I'm going to make easy peasy tea light jars with ribbons for the 4th, and maybe make a banner or two.
What I'm praying: For a dear friend who is having a tough time, and for God to help me to know how better to encourage and love my sisters in Christ.
What I'm planning: To lose weight! HA! It's true. It's also true I've been planning that for 2 years. But still. It's a plan. Ugh.
This weekend: The girls went to a good friend's birthday party, Emma had her last vision therapy appointment, we ran errands, and on the Lord's Day we worshipped and went to a church picnic (and sweat profusely in the 100 degree heat).
What I'm looking forward to: Heaven. No pain, no tears, no angst, no hurt, no questions, no struggles, no fears, no death. Jesus. :)
A picture to share:
What I'm planning: To lose weight! HA! It's true. It's also true I've been planning that for 2 years. But still. It's a plan. Ugh.
This weekend: The girls went to a good friend's birthday party, Emma had her last vision therapy appointment, we ran errands, and on the Lord's Day we worshipped and went to a church picnic (and sweat profusely in the 100 degree heat).
What I'm looking forward to: Heaven. No pain, no tears, no angst, no hurt, no questions, no struggles, no fears, no death. Jesus. :)
A picture to share:
Summer 2008

5 comments:
I love it that you do these posts. That book sounds really interesting; I'll have to stick it on my reading list. And I would love to see your easy peasy tea light jars for the 4th! I am always on the lookout for easy decorative stuff. Have a great week, Dawn!
Hmm... I'm heading over to the online library catalog to look for that book...
I am also going to look for that book. But I love the girls' swimsuits. So modest. Where did you get them?
Sharon, thanks! They were from LL Bean. This year we got them from Lands End and did the rash guard tops with shorts.
Your kids are growing up. Have a fun summer.
Post a Comment