No, not Napoleon Dynamite. Though, if he's reading this, I want to say - thank you for making the best movie ever, and for giving my husband so much material to work with because his ND impressions are hysterical and keep us laughing. And please, don't ever make another movie again. You will always be ND and that is how it should be.
My friend, ND, asked why I hadn't blogged in a while. Since I posted last, our family went on a week long, wonderful beach vacation with my parents, sisters and brother in law. Once we got back and unpacked, school started up and things around here just sort of went into overdrive. Blogging took a back seat, especially since I was planning to post 243 photos from our vacation for my next entry and therefore would need a good 6 hours to sit down to do that, along with an extra 3 for all the dragging and dropping of those 243 out-of-order-thanks-to-Blogger photos within the space of a 1 1/2 inch window frame.
Who has 9 hours to compose a blog entry and have their patience tested so severely it renders them insane?
And who would have the patience to then read it anyway?
Then I wondered if maybe my expectations were a tad too high.
I decided they were.
So I'm going to try something novel and be brief.
(Big breath in).
We went to the beach.
We had fun.
Aunt Heather taught Hannah and Emma how to boggie board (like I did when I was young).
I watched from my beach chair.
I can't go into the ocean anymore.
It's big and salty and full of uncertainty.
Ian thought the same thing, but eventually his sound judgement kicked in and he went in with Daddy and Grandpa and Uncle Brian.
And Grandpa had a major wipeout, but we'll not discuss that here, for the sake of brevity of course.
Then we went to the Safari Park in San Diego (formerly known as the Wild Animal Park) and had a wonderful time.
The African Tumblers were incredible.
I worried about their moms though.
It's amazing they survived their childhoods.
(Their moms, not the kids).
I drank Starbucks almost daily.
Thanks to a few delightful SBX gift cards from a few delightful peeps.
None of us got burned thanks to 120 SPF cream.
Miraculously we still got tan.
Not that I care.
Even though I do.
But I don't know why.
We walked on the pier.
We ate at Fisherman's Restaurant and saw the sun go down and I loved it.
I loved the mudpie too.
My sister and I shopped the adorable stores on the drag (I sound so hip) and I felt swanky.
I should look up what that word means but for the sake of brevity, I won't.
Hopefully I won't regret it.
I apologize now.
We made smores on the beach (separate blog entry on that forthcoming).
We stayed healthy and no one got injured.
Praise God!
Now, five random pics from our week:





7 comments:
We had such a great time! We need Bailey pics too! :)
Such fun and wonderful memories!!!
Oops - Anonymous is Mom!!! :)
ND *did* enjoy your post! ND is stubbornly refusing to take responsibility for setting up her own blog, and as long as it's not set up the wy she envisions, she has an excuse for not blogging. Or, as ND's husband would prefer to say, ND has better things to do with her time. But ND would *really* like to have a decent-looking blog so she can blog on ocasion, anyway!
Dawn, I love to hear your voice on your blog as wsell as in person. You are a dear friend.
Much love,
ND
I am glad for ND(even though i don't know her...)I have been wishing for a new post from you as well. Love the pictures and vacation summary. Thank you!!
Great pictures, Dawn! And thanks ND for nudging her into another blog post.
And Dawn, recently I switched to the newer blogger and it is WAY easier to upload and move pictures around blog posts. It is an option somewhere on the dashboard.....
You know I don't comment often on blogs. I have blogger comment anxiety! LOL!
But I've been waiting for pics and I just have to say, FIVE is not cutting it (beautiful as they were!) Please post more!!!!
Thank you! :)
Lori (LN)
It sounds like it was a fantastic time! I absolutely loved the pics, though I agree, there were too few! ;) I just can't believe how much your children have grown!
Thanks for sharing with us. :)
Post a Comment