Thursday, September 30, 2010

Random beach trip photos for those who demanded them



At the San Diego Safari Park or Wild Animal Place Whatever It's Called
It was HOT. We needed cold, sugar-laden drinks and whatnot.
Amazingly I never saw the heat lamp when taking the photo. I'm going to try to do some magical slicing and dicing with my small potatoes photo editing software and make him look like a samurai.



An example of a caged animal who has found is purpose in life.
Watching the caged animal. Not me, them. Nevermind.


The vast and glorious Pacific ocean beheld by my two favorite boys in the whole wide world.


The boat parking lot in Dana Point.
My friend Chautona's favorite sayin'.
This is my favorite southern California tree.


I think it's a type of Eucalyptus. I'm a very bad detective so I still don't know.

But I'm going to work on it.
I'll let you know when I know. Because I know you won't be able to sleep well until I find out.


My windblown children not paying any attention to me.

Rock.
Dana Point Wharf. See the pretty trees in the foreground? My faves.

Silly five year old taking a quick break from peering through the openings in the pier slats.

My peeps.


San Clemente from the pier.
My beautiful Emma.

I have no clue why my big left toe is veering off to the right.

Awe.

Wonder.

Joy.

Freedom.

This is where my girls were for hours at a time. I lounged on the beach, trying to make sure I didn't get sunburned, assaulted by pelicans, airborne beach umbrellas or sand kicked up from my roving son. It was stellar, man.
Hannah

boogie

boarding!

Pumpkin.



Beach race. Guess who won?
Me and my sisters. They're twins and five years younger than me. I look like I just went through a wind tunnel. Just thought I would point out the obvious.
More photo editing help desperately needed (on all but my beautiful Hannah).


Ian's first wild game kill.
Birds love Hannah.
Even the mean, squakky, pecked-to-death bully ones. She has that kind of charm.

What is a visit to the Wild Animal Jungle Place without the turtle shell photo?
I love this beautiful thorny, yellow barked tree. It's another favorite. The kids in front are pretty OK too.





6 comments:

faith said...

i laughed throughout-- thanks once again!

Mom said...

It was such a wonderful time sharing all the fun with you. Thanks for the pics so I could relive some of it all over again!
Love,Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey, the Pacific Ocean looks like the Atlantic Ocean.

I like your favorite tree too. Cool bark.

I don't know about your toe either. Totally weird.

Your girls are beautiful.

Liked the pic of you and your sisters.

Thumbs up to the series of pictures I will dub "Thoughtful Ian."

Tina

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Loved every one of them!!! :)

-Lori

~Kathy~ said...

Wonderful pictures! Thanks so much for sharing them! :D

Charlotte said...

Loved these, Dawn! And you didn't nearly post enough! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails