I'm reading: Because He Loves Me by Elyse M. Fitzpatrick Because I'm vapid and desperately need to stop reading the dictionary, posting depressing thoughts and remember my worth in Christ. Also reading Given For You by Keith A. Mathison. So far both books are good, however, the Mathison book is losing me. If you know me, you know I love to study theology, but a surefire way to get me to regret all the times I goofed off in my English classes is to put John Calvin in front of me. The grammatical plane that man worked off of is way beyond my capability. Plain English, anyone?
I'm listening to: The hum of the heater. Last time I posted a Daybook entry I said it was the hum of the a/c. Fascinating stuff, isn't it?!
I'm cooking: Nothing, but I now have a gloriously beautiful fingerprint magnet to store it all in. Yes, we bought a new fridge. That was the highlight of our week. Whenever we spend large chunks of money we really don't have, it's always a highlight. Much like the deer caught in the headlights kind of highlight. But it's awesome.
I'm buying: Huge amounts of debt. No, I'm kidding. We're not in debt, we're just heading in that direction. NO! I'm kidding. Golly, I really shouldn't be posting today.
I'm thankful for: The mercy and love of God. Oh my stars how I need it.
I'm planning: Planning is such a strong word. I'm considering what things I might be able to do/learn/flounder about trying to learn so that I can possibly, maybe, perhaps try to have some kind of small, insignificant, paltry home business. Because I am one determined gal.
Last week: I made some changes to our school day and I think everyone liked them. We're going with "theme days" to our homeschool schedule. The kids have the core subjects they do daily, and then in the afternoon, they focus on one or two things instead of spreading everything out in smaller portions throughout the week. So for instance, Monday is California History and Poetry Day (don't you think those mesh together?), Tuesday is Literature and Art Day (those definately relate), Wednesday is Co-Op Day, Thursday is Modern History Day, and Friday is Science and Nature Day. I think I suffer from organizational mania.
This week: I'm sure I should be preparing for Thanksgiving. I do love the holiday! My parents and Jeff's will be there. I'm looking forward to it, but I should probably make sure we have some turkey and other such things lying around.
Next time I post: I will attempt to be less melancholy. Chocolate and fervent, effectual prayers will avail much.
A picture to share:
(I don't have but a handful on my new Mac, so apologies for the weirdness)...

5 comments:
Well - hope you do have some things prepared and "laying around" for Thanksgiving! You know how your father loves to eat!
Let me know if I can bring anything but the pie (I KNOW - PUMPKIN!)
I love your blog posts, whenever they come they are a bright spot for me--you are one of the least vapid persons i know... I am also reading the E.F. book. I love new fridges--don't remember ever having one. ;) Hooray for you! I love your photo booth pics! Most of all, I long for you to live in my town--i know i would benefit from having you more in my life. I love you.
Loved the photos Dawn! And I totally hear you about the old grammatical English books out there. I have a couple that for that very reason are not getting read yet. And I love the idea of theme days. Can't wait to see how that works in the long run.
See you tomorrow!
Calvin makes my brain work really hard, but that isn't always a bad thing! :D I simply crack up at this quote because it is entirely me: "Planning is such a strong word." LOL!! I so identify with this statement! Nancy eats it up and so does Hannah, but me... another story altogether. :)
XO,
Kate
I saw the cute background change and was hoping for a new post ;) no, poor me...
Post a Comment