Thoughts I'm thinking: So many. This has been a difficult week in so many ways, but in all of it, God's comfort and strength have been so evident.
What I'm thankful for: That God's goodness and sovereignty don't change when things don't make sense to me, for the graciousness and understanding of a sweet friend, and for real life examples of lives lived faithfully for the Lord.
On the menu for dinner tonite: I stopped menu planning a while ago when I found out I kind of enjoyed the challenge of figuring out what to make based on what we have in the house. I try to have some go-to meals that are fast and easy for those days I just don't want to cook, but otherwise, I really like searching my favorite cookbooks and online food sites to get inspiration. I'm thinking we haven't had soup in a few weeks so I'll probably make either my dear friend's "famous hamburger soup" or pasta fagioli in the crockpot.
What I'm attempting to create: I have a few crochet projects on the hooks - one is finishing up a belated Christmas gift (blush) and the other is a scarf. I'm also eager to start learning more about how to sketch nature once I buy a few of the materials I'll need for it. I checked a great book out at our library last week that gives great examples, tips and instruction for the beginning sketcher. I'm especially excited becaue I didn't realize there were pens that give the look of watercolor and watercoloring is something I've wanted to take up for a while now but felt a bit intimidated by it. Using a pen instead of a paintbrush to achieve a similar look has me even more eager to get started. Hopefully the materials will be reasonably priced!
What I'm reading: One of my "non new years resolutions" was to try to read through the Old Testament this year. I ended up finding a really nice 2 year plan online so I'm working through that and right now I'm reading from Proverbs. As far as books go, I'm behind in my 2 books a month "non new years resolution" plan -- already. But I'm almost finished with one of them and hopefully the other one will be a faster read.
What I'm hearing: The toilet running, my son's funny dialogue as he plays with his cars in the other room (things like "beeeeep, hmhmhmhmhm, doodoodoodoo, OH GREAAAAT! etc) and the hum of my macbook.
What I'm smelling: Pancake scented hair. Actually that's past tense - when Ian came into my room a bit ago to sit in my lap and ask me about which letters come after which letters in the alphabet, his hair smelled like pancakes. I think for breakfast I may have to make pancakes now.
These are a few of my favorite things: Coffee in the morning, hugs from my husband, warm sunshine that breaks through the foggy morning, and pancake scented hair (a new one).
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Friends from church for dinner on Tuesday - they'll be moving out of state next month and we'll miss them dearly!
Co-Op on Wednesday
A memorial service on Saturday
Worship on the Lord's Day
2 comments:
:-)
Loved this so much Dawn. " God's goodness doesn't change..." So needed to hear that.
And I love N's Hamburger Soup! I'll miss you this week; see you this weekend. ((Hugs))
Post a Comment