I don't make New Year Resolutions, namely because I know I will fail at whatever I set out to "officially do". This explains why I rarely set out to do anything "official" (defined by me as anything stated, intended, or written down). And I think that explains why I need serious help. But I'll ignore that thought for now or else I'll succeed at failing to blog about what I originally intended to. Or unintended to. Do.
OK.
I've intentionally set a goal for myself to read 24 books in 12 months. I'm not sure what got into me, other than the fact that I sometimes do things I don't intend to do, like make goals. And because this sounds insane to me and I don't typically do insane (on purpose, at least, though on an unintentional level I am quite familiar with it), I knew I had to think of another plan (which, incidentally, is what I did last year when I tried to read only 12 books in 12 months instead...and didn't). So of course, I decided I should not set a New Year's goal for 2011 and then aim for twice that amount of books this year.
It all makes sense to me, anyway.
Do you have any unofficial, non New Year's resolutions?
2 comments:
I am also not a "NY Resolution Maker" but I do like having a clean slate so to speak. I have a goal (and my goals are made like yours!) to get healthy. I *know* I need to exercise, but I really dislike it. (Blah, blah, insert excuse here...):D Anyway, that is my main one. I would love to see a list of your books! I just finished reading The Help and think you would like it. I like that goal and may make it my own! We will have to chat books soon.
Love you!
Kate
My unofficial, non-resolution is to go off sugar this year (again). I will probably wait until after my firstborn's birthday later this month, though. To do otherwise is asking for trouble, kwim? :)
Post a Comment