Friday, September 14, 2012

Dawn's Daybook

So I'm really rocking this back to blogging thing with 2 posts in 2 days. I'm not expecting this to last.

Several years back I tried to implement this Daybook thing that some blogger started years before that. I called it Dawn's Daybook because the gal who started it was a little bossy and didn't want anyone copying her without linking back to her page. I wasn't impressed with that idea so I tweaked the questions a wee bit and gave it a different title. Ha!

Outside these four walls: Things look very different than they did back in May. That was when we moved out of our home of 8 years and into a rental in a town 30 miles north. Then we put our house on the market, and by God's amazing providence we had 19 offers in 3 days, many well above our asking price. A week after that we were in escrow and the house left our lives forever on June 29th. It was bittersweet but we are settled and happy in our new place...at least until spring when we hope to start searching for a place to buy. 

Oh, and the weather is heading into the upper 90's today, less than a week away from autumn. 

I'm wondering: Why I'm blogging again. 

 
I'm grateful for: Blogs. No, I'm kidding. I'm grateful for the people God has put into my life and for the amazing blessings we have been given day in and day out. God is so good. And for Smashburger. That place is incredible.

On the meal plan: Whatever it is has not yet revealed itself to me. Hopefully it will include Sriracha, my new obsession. 

 
I'm working on: School schedules for next week, finishing setting up our American Heritage Girls troop website, getting healthier, this blog, figuring out what we're having for dinner, and remembering that I am fully accepted and loved in Christ.

I'm reading: Making Classical Education Approachable by Leigh Bortins, and just started The Time Traveler's Wife.
 
My musical tastes lately: Tenth Avenue North and Gotye. And cannot forget Lady Antebellum. Hello World is one I have never tired of hearing. It pierces me every time. Sigh.

I discovered: Rosemary and Olive Oil fries at Smashburger while dining there with hubby last night. It took serious restraint NOT to shovel them into my mouth. My word are they amazing!

The kids are learning: that the new school year has many changes to it! Hannah is in Challenge B classes through Classical Conversations. Huge change for her and for us, as the work is not only rigorous but requires that she really study efficiently and manage her time well. She's doing great with it. Emma and Ian are in Foundations at a different CC campus closer to us. Since they go on different days it works out pretty well, but it does make for busy weeks. Memory work is fun and it's been great making new friends! 

This weekend: Tonite we start back with our American Heritage Girls meetings. In addition to having the fun job of overseeing badges for the troop, I'm also the Vice Coordinator this year. The program has been a huge blessing to my girls and I in ways we never could have imagined. When I signed them up for it last year I had no idea how much it would be an encouragement to me too! Tomorrow we'll be participating in the Great River Clean Up for our service day and picking up liter at Ancil Hoffman Park. Church on Sunday for morning and evening.

Just thought I'd share:

Kiddos with cousins on a walk to Bend Falls in Oregon this summer.
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails