Monday, November 26, 2007

Monterey

In Monterey earlier this month, we spent our last day near the pier, browsing the Maritime museum (and talking all about how lighthouses used to run before electricity and funsy stuff like that), the Indian museum (oohing and ahhing over the intricate artwork they created through weaving baskets, rugs, clothing etc.), and meandering through a small flower garden.



These kinds of things are truly a joy for my girls, and it is such a blessing to me! I love that they get giddy over morning glories, wonder over historical treasures and find deight in watching God's creation. This trip reminded me of what I love about homeschooling! It's not easy and it's certainly not always "fun", but it is an incredible gift.


Note the delicate "princess hand look". I was able to catch the "head-bent-to-the-side-so-far-that-balance-is-affected-tilt" before snapping the pic, but the hands escaped my radar.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails