Saturday, November 17, 2007

Rambling along

My blog is lonely. It has no friends. I'm having a self pity party today.

SIGH.

So want to hear the highlight of my day today?

I burned my chest flipping french toast.

It's a wonder I don't cut my fingers off when I make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

So I was pushing Ian on the swing today while the girls were practically doing 360's in the swings next to his (when did I develop this exaggeration problem?).

Emma isn't swinging very straight. "Emma, go straight. You're catywompus!"

Peals of laughter.

"What's catywompus mean, Mommy?" Hannah asks.

"It's Egyptian for zig zaggy." We're studying the ancient Egyptians for history and it sounds like a word the Egyptians would use, kwim?

More laughter. I just love how my children laugh at things I say that no one else would.

"Which is Roman for wonky."

Ha. Ha. Ha.

"Which is Spanish for wiggy."

Heeeeeeee!

"Which is English for crooked."

They were about falling out of their swing seats by then.

We're going on a nature walk in about a half hour.

Wait until they hear the Slovakian word for pinecones.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails