I love making schedules. Following them is a completely different arena, but making them - I can do that!
Here's what our (always subject to change) daily schedule looks like for fall:
Here's what our (always subject to change) daily schedule looks like for fall:

Afternoons are saved for free play, handicrafts, games and chores.
6 comments:
Because I'm nosy ----
What do y'all do during circle time?
What is tea time?
What are y'all reading during read-aloud time?
Tina
Hi Tina! I was just looking at your blog - very sweet! I love the sillouhettes you did! I think I'm going to try them here!
I keep changing the title of our devotional time. LOL Right now it's Circle Time only because for some reason, "Devotions" bugs me and the other title, "Morning Blessings" sounds like I'm annoiting my kids heads with oil every morning and chanting Gregorian hymns or something. :)
We sing a hymn or two.
We pray for our denominations missionaries.
We pray for other needs.
We read from Ergermier's Story Bible.
So far that's it. :)
Tea Time is tea, hot chocolate or lemonade with a snack (crackers, cookies etc) so far. I still need to plan them a bit more (i.e. what music we'll listen to and what we'll talk about etc).
Read aloud time - I have to put together a list of books for this year still. I'm going to look at Ambleside for ideas and a few other resources to get my list prepared.
We start school on September 15th. :)
I just remembered! I have the Beautiful Feet Teaching Character Through Literature guide!
I'm going to use that! LOL
I found you! :D I love your new look! So pretty. Now I am off to be inspired by your new schedule.
XO,
Kate
This is a great schedule, Dawn! I love doing Circle Time with my kids too. So what is B45R for Ian? And I would love to hear what you stuck in his activity box.
Actually, I am utterly charmerd by the "Morning Blessings" image of a Gregorian chant and head annointings (though I wouldn't recognize a Gregorian chant as I know nothing about it).
I've been wanting to add a weekly Tea Time, thinking maybe we could talk literature, history or writing, but I don't know how to converse meaningfully with my 10 and 7-year-old and in a way that the 5 and 3-year-old get something out of it too. Still scratching my head over this one.
I would love it if you posted your Read Alouds once you figure them out. Same problem as the Tea Time -- the books that interest the boys are over the head of my 3-year-old and sometimes the 5-year-old.
Tina
Post a Comment