Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Things I've learned lately

If you tweak a school schedule enough, you CAN go crazy.

Dancing with your kids is really therapeutic.

Our camera is not dead. Well, technically it is, but it's being resurrected on the Canon repairshop table as I type this. I hope.

It's nice when camera makers put faulty parts in cameras and then fix it for free. Of course it would be better if they just made them perfect, but even optimists know that's impossible.

Hannah's tickles are sometimes interpreted by certain siblings as tackles.

Corn on the cob is not edible when overcooked.

Lemon trees can catch fire when BBQ grills are too close to them.

Chopping off your hair reveals that extra 10lbs you were hiding behind it.

You really can ache with longing for Peppermint Mocha Creamer.

Pesto, fresh mozzarella and garden tomatoes broiled on top of crusty french bread should be illegal.

A shiny new bike does not automatically mean the brakes on it will work properly, even after they've been adjusted.

You can really waste a lot of time coming up with a list of things you've learned lately when you're trying to avoid packing for vacation.

3 comments:

Magistra Meg said...

I hear ya,' Sister!

I *love* your new do-your hair looks so healthy and bouncy, shiny and perky!

Now you've made *me* want to tweak my schedule. It's only the first day of school!

Will miss you while you're away. Have fun!

--Nancy

Unknown said...

Mmmnnnnn it's almost peppermint mocha goodness season. I can hardly wait!! My mornings are so lonely without it.

Charlotte said...

I love your new hair too! And I love this list. The pesto, mozzarella and tomato thing deserves a picture bog post to inspire me...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails