I'm reading: This blog: http://allthingshendrick.blogspot.com/ and in awe for the heart God gave this amazing family. I am praying for God to give me a bigger heart for Him and for humanity.
I'm listening to: Hannah and Emma discussing doll shoes and the dryer running.
I'm learning: That I am amazingly blessed and loved by My Creator. I have forgotten these truths throughout the course of this past year or so, and I am rediscovering it in a much needed way. Like being in the desert for days without cold water. He is pulling me nearer to Himself and showing me some difficult things in the process. Ouch.
I'm watching: For 11:00am. That's when my cold pressed coffee will be ready to strain and drink with creamer, sugar syrup and ice...mmm.
I'm cooking: Pico de Gallo. But not really "cooking" it. Chopping, assembling and eating it.
I'm thankful for: Elastic waistbands. Amen.
I'm creating: More stress for myself. It's what I do well.
I'm praying: That the truths of God's Word would reign and rule in my heart and mind.
Last week: Ian finished his 4th week of swim lessons and I am truly amazed. In that time, he went from not swimming a stroke to swimming several, flipping onto his back, floating, flipping back onto his tummy, swimming several more strokes, and pulling himself out of the pool. All by himself. He's also diving to retrieve swim rings from the shallow end of the pool. Woohoo! We celebrated Hannah's 12th birthday by spending the day at the Nevada County Fair. She is such a joy to be with and I truly cannot believe she's already 12! We finished painting the school room and put up our IKEA bookshelves. I'm not able to upload pics yet since our computer is in disarray at the moment. I'm hoping to get to that later this week. I was also blessed by a visit from a great friend and her daughter.
A picture to share:
This was taken about a month ago when the kiddos and I drove down to see my parent's new home in a Sun City development. My dad (on the right) had just bought a new golf cart to roam around the commune in, so of course, the kids were eager to take a spin on it. This is right before they left. I can't share the after shot - they were too terrified to sit still long enough for a photo. Just kidding!

No comments:
Post a Comment