
For Today....October 26, 2009
Outside my window...it's a beautiful, clear day. Two moms are at the park watching their little ones play.
I am thinking...about a friend whom I wish wasn't so far away.
I am thankful for...my loving husband who prays with and for me.
From the learning room...I hear pencils writing, erasers erasing, and sighs sighing.
From the kitchen...Nancy's "famous" hamburger soup is in the crock pot.
I am wearing...jeans, a purple t-shirt and my apron.
I am creating...a crocheted hot pad.
I am going...nowhere (literally but maybe figuratively too).
I am reading...Philippians. I have the privilege of teaching the passage in chapter 4, verses 4-8, to our Co-Op these next several weeks. It's very timely for me (God is good!).
I am hoping...for the peace that passes all understanding to guard my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus.
I am hearing... the washing machine filling up.
Around the house...Ian is outside making tomato soup with dirt, leaves, sand and rocks. Hannah is working on her spelling, Emma just finished rocking in her chair not designed to be rocked in and is now back to solving multiplication problems. I am here typing (duh). ;)
One of my favorite things...a song posted by a dear friend on facebook yesterday called Blessed Be The Name by Tree63. I posted an embed of the song in my sidebar. These are the lyrics:
Blessed be your name
In the land that is plentiful
Where the streams of abundance flow
Blessed be your name
A few plans for the rest of the week: housecleaning, Co-Op, school, planning for the holidays, working on my crochet.Blessed be your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be your name
Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name
Blessed be your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name
Blessed be your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be your name
Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name
You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, Blessed be your name
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...an old photo from our old backyard:
Postscript:
RIGHT after I composed this, Ian yells from the bathroom, "MOMMY! There's water all over the hall!"
Um....WHAT?!?!?!
Our washer wouldn't stop filling. 2 inches of water in the laundry room and running all down the hallway and into the entry of 3 rooms....
We're trying to dry out and salvage what we can....
Exciting day around here. ACK!

2 comments:
When I was reading that you heard the washer filling up I thought, oh no! That Philippians passage is so good to memorize...I can't wait for my kids (and myself) to learn it. And Nancy's Hamburger soup is truly famous! I think it is on my menu for next week.
I think I had (have) that denim dress. I was very tiny when I wore it too. Sigh...
Post a Comment